Monday, March 16, 2020

Stuck-at-Home Storytime Presents "Stick and Stone"

We may be stuck at home for a while, but that's no reason to miss the stories and activities we are used to.  So for the next two weeks we will have 
Stuck-at-Home Storytime!

Today's story is a tale of friendship and looking out for each other.


Now that you've heard their story, let's go into the backyard to find the characters.  See if you can find a stone that looks like a zero, a stick that looks like a one, and a pinecone.  While you are hunting, see if you can find anything else that might be another character in this story.  Ready?  I'll look in my backyard too.  Meet me back here when you are finished...

What did you find?  Here's what I saw in my backyard:


Stick and stone, of course.  A perfect 10.


And, look, Pinecone has made a friend!  

Along the way I found these guys... Leaf, Bark and Needles!


Now let's think of some things we can do with sticks and stones and even cones.  


Stones are great for making towers.  How many can you stack up with falling?


Sticks are good for practicing your letters in the sandbox.


Look how many different sizes of pinecones I found.  I ordered them biggest to smallest.

Now it's your turn to have some fun.  If you want to send me a picture of what you saw in your backyard or how you played with sticks and stones and pinecones (or anything else you found), ask a parent to post them on Instagram and tag me: 

@saintandrewspreschoolraleigh.  




No comments:

Post a Comment